The following COVID-19 protocols are followed by all ATA employees in the workplace:
The aim is to:
- prevent and reduce transmission among employees, clients and learners (collectively called persons in the below protocols),
- maintain healthy business operations, and
- maintain a healthy work environment.
The following protocols is followed at all ATA sites:
Persons who have been in close contact with people that have been infected or people thought to be infected as well as persons showing any signs and symptoms of COVID-19 should promptly notify their supervisor and stay at home.
Persons who are infected or are presumed to be infected with COVID-19 should isolate and follow steps as recommended by the CDC (Centre for Disease Control and Prevention).
Persons who are asymptomatic (have no symptoms) or pre-symptomatic (not yet showing symptoms) but have tested positive for COVID-19 should isolate at home.
Persons shall not return to work until the criteria to discontinue home isolation are met, in consultation with healthcare providers.
Persons who are well but have a household member that is infected by COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and stay at home.
All persons visiting any of the ATA sites:
will undergo at least one temperature screening every day (with a SABS approved thermometer).
will be required to where a face mask at all times
will need to disclose if they have been in contact with any person suspected to be infected with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
will adhere to wearing the PPE required to do their work duties.
will adhere to social distancing requirements.
- will recognise that it is their responsibility to inform management of any risk they may notice regarding COVID-19.
will be cognizant of all hygiene related matters, namely:
- covering my nose and when I cough and/or sneeze;
- regularly washing my hands with soap.
- making use of the supplied sanitizers.
In case of COVID-19 infection or suspected infection:
- persons who are presumed to be infected are recommended to stay at home and notify their supervisor immediately.
- persons then need to make arrangements for getting a COVID-19 test as soon as possible,
- and they are only permitted to return to the workplace when testing negative for COVID-19.
- In the event where persons, suspected to be infected by COVID-19, show up to work the following steps need to be taken:
- persons need to be taken to isolation room immediately
- and responsible parties need to see to proper sanitation practices of the workspace.
- arrange for safe transportation home or to a healthcare provider.
- persons are responsible for notifying supervisors of any infractions or suspected infractions in regard to the COVID-19 protocols.
- persons are only eligle to return to work when proof of negative tests has been provided.